Fri, Nov 24|
Location is TBD
2023 AGM (Market, & Pot Luck Supper)
Calgary will have a market, pot luck supper and in person AGM Edmonton will be online Online viewer options are available
Time & Location
Nov 24, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Location is TBD
About the Event
Calgary - Unfortunately, we have maxed out in capacity for the potluck and children's rooms. If parents want to participate, please join us online or for the AGM portion only.
Edmonton - We encourage you to join us online for the AGM meeting.
Schedule for the Evening
5:00pm - 7:00pm Doors Open & Market Begins (Calgary only)
6:00-7:00pm Potluck Dinner everyone bring a nut free main dish ready to eat and either a dessert or vegetable to share (Calgary only)
7:20-8:30 AGM Meeting for parents, children will have activities provided for them during this time.
Roots AGM 2023
What is the purpose of the AGM? As many of you know, when you joined Roots, you did not just join another homeschool board, but you became a member of the Roots CHEF society. As a member you are given voting rights, a voice within Roots, regarding the decisions that are being made for this school year for Roots.
The AGM is coordinated every year in accordance to our society bylaws, which requires 10% of all eligible voting members to come together to discuss any pertinent information about Roots for the coming school year. You will be asked to vote on the proposed budget, any newly nominated board of directors (these will be announced in our AGM report), an ammendment to our bylaws and will also be given the opportunity to ask questions. You can expect the AGM report to be sent to you via e-mail, please take the time to review this information. Families are given one vote per household. If you are able, please plan to attend this meeting either virtually or in person.
The Calgary and Edmonton meetings will happen at the same time. Please select your tickets accordingly.
- Calgary: First Baptist Church Calgary (513-13 Avenue SW Calgary)
- Edmonton: Trinity Christian Reformed Church (13427 57 St NW) This is a parent only event for Edmonton and will be open for the AGM portion of the program.
In Person Registration Deadline: November 17th
Online viewing will be made available. The link for the meeting will be emailed to you November 23rd to the email address you registered with.
Registration Deadline: November 22nd at noon
Vendors for Market - Calgary Only
Have you created a product that you'd like to sell? Then we would love to have you join us as one of our vendors for our AGM Market. The table is free, so if you have a friend who has a great product, please let them know they can sign up as a vendor. We are looking for 20-25 vendors.
In the past we have seen products such as paintings, bracelets, barnwood signs, hand dipped candles, fudge, pet accessories, chemical free cleaning supplies, hand crafted cards, baking & gluten free bread mixes plus more. The ideas are endless and we love the variety of product that is available each year!
Vendor Registration Deadline: November 17th
- Crawlers – Age 3 will go in the nursery
- Ages 4-6 children have their own class with age-appropriate activities. Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
- Ages 7 and up to the gym where they may spend some time all together and part of the time divided into two groups with opportunity to do crafts and games.
EDMONTON IN PERSON - FOR PARENTS ONLY
Things to Note:
- This event is for Roots families only, however vendors may be from outside of Roots.
- Make sure kids come dressed in proper clean indoor footwear for running (no flip flops or winter boots)
- Since this is a potluck dinner, we ask parents to oversee what their children eat, Roots is not responsible for overseeing allergies.
- Please take everyone to the washroom before dropping them in their appropriate classroom activities for the AGM portion of the evening.
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. I agree as the parent/guardian to stay on site during the full duration of this event and take full responsibility for my child/ren, how they behave and what they eat during this event.
Organizer Contact Details
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Viewing$0.00Sale ended
AGM ONLY Parent Ticket
You are welcome to join to come shop the vendor hall at 5-6:45pm and then stay for the AGM at 7, but please eat supper before you arrive.$0.00Sale ended
(Crawlers - Age 3)$0.00Sold Out
Calgary Adult Attendance to the AGM 2023$0.00Sold Out
Calgary (Ages 7+)$0.00Sold Out
Calgary (Ages 4-6)
Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.$0.00Sold Out