Time & Location
Jun 01, 2022, 10:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. MDT
Alberta Prairie Railway, 4611 47 Ave, Stettler, AB T0C 2L1, Canada
About the Event
Students will experience pioneer railway travel and learn about how the west was settled. One of the featured attractions on this excursion is Finnegan Farms Petting Zoo. If you would like to donate towards some Alberta Children's Charities, you can bring money for the train heist.
Registration Deadline is Tuesday, May 10th, 2022.
Ticket price includes:
- Train ride
- petting zoo
- carnival games (bring loose change for extra carnival games)
- walkabout tours of coaches and other railway equipment
- on-site live entertainment
- children’s barrel train rides
- lunch: hot dog (vegetarian or gluten free available during ticket registration), drink, chips & vegetables
- Come prepared for the weather.
- Comfy shoes are a must as there is walking involved once we arrive at our train destination.
- Please feel free to pack snacks and water in backpacks (no coolers).
- Collapsible strollers and wagons are permitted.
- Plan to arrive between 10-10:15 to receive your boarding tickets.
- You must check in with Tammy Eacott on site when you arrive.
- Boarding will begin promptly at 10:30!
Stettler, Alberta is straight east of Red Deer on Hwy 12. Alberta Prairie's station and passenger loading area is located at 4611- 47 Avenue in Stettler AB which is in the south-east part of town. Head for the only burgundy-coloured grain elevator and you will end up right at the station.
All sales are final. Refunds will only be given if the venue cannot run the event. If you cannot make it on the day of the event, you are free to give or sell your ticket to someone else, but you MUST notify Tammy (TammyE@rootshomeed.com) by May 30th at noon.
By registering for the Roots Gym program, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
Tammy Eacott, TammyE@rootshomeed.com, 403-616-1381