Fri, Sept 24|
Bar U Ranch National Historic Site
Bar U Ranch - Calgary Kick off Field Trip
Time & Location
Sept 24, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bar U Ranch National Historic Site, Township Rd 17B and, Township Rd 17A, Longview, AB T0L 1H0, Canada
About the Event
Roots families are invited to join us at Bar U Ranch for a full day of fun!
This Bar U Ranch program demonstrates a broad range of educational themes integrating historical, cultural, social, political, environmental and economic themes. It will be divided into three segments:
- Belly of the Bar U, to experience the variety of methods practiced for self- sufficiency.
- A creek side trek to learn about land management practices to help sustain the ecosystem.
- Round Up Camp to learn how cowboys lived and worked on the range through storytelling.
It is important to dress for the weather. All students should have jackets, hats, gloves, sturdy shoes or boots and rainwear. In warm weather we suggest water, sunscreen, hats and insect repellent.
Due to potential hazards on the ranch site, including livestock, a creek and moving machinery, students must be supervised at all times.
- Ages: Suitable for all ages. Open to all Roots families. This is not a drop-off event, so plan to enjoy the day with your children!
- Cost: $9/student; Adults and younger siblings are free, but still need a ticket.
- Tickets: We will have a master registration list, so you do not have to bring a printed ticket.
- Refunds: Sorry, no refunds. If you are unable to make it, please find another family to sell or give your tickets.
- Time: We will enter as a group at 10am, so please arrive at least 15 minutes before to check-in.
- Food: Feel free to bring a packed lunch as there will be a picnic area on the ranch site for lunch after.
This field trip is open to Roots families only
Sara Lich, 403-708-1227, email@example.com
Bar U Ranch (Grades K-12)
Bar U Ranch (young child)
Non school-aged children.
Bar U Ranch (Adult)