Thu, Sep 22|
MNP Community & Sport Centre(old Repsol)
Calgary Gym Session #1: Pentathalon, Floor Hockey/Soccer
6 week program on Thursday afternoons.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2022, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
MNP Community & Sport Centre(old Repsol), 2225 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6, Canada
About the Event
Pentathlon: We will be covering 3 of the 5 events included in a modern pentathlon event, fencing, track & laser shooting. Students will receive instruction from experienced coaches in each of these areas to prepare them for a mini race on the final day of lessons.
Floor Hockey/ Soccer: Students will have an opportunity to learn the basics of both Floor Hockey & indoor soccer. Each week ½ hour instruction and play time will be given for both sports.
- Dates: Sept 22 & 29, October 6, 13, 20 & 27 (Thursdays 1:30-2:30pm)
- Registration Deadline: September 14, 2022
- Recommended Ages for Pentathlon: 8 - 18 yrs
- Recommended Ages for Floor Hockey/ Soccer: 5-9 yrs
- This program will be offered only to Roots families until September 7. Any remaining spots will be offered to non-Roots families on Sept. 8.
- Parents and younger children are not allowed in the class, but can view most classes from the spectator areas.
- CHECK-IN: Arrive by 1:15 to allow time to change shoes and use the bathrooms before class begins. We will be meeting as a group at the bleachers closest to the diving boards. Everyone MUST check in and receive a nametag from the Roots representative each week. Students will go down to classrooms as a group & classes start promptly at 1:30.
Roots Families: To use your family funding for your registered Roots students, please use the code GYMSESSION1 at checkout.
Have your child dress appropriately for a PE class. Students need to wear shorts or jogging pants, T-shirts, clean, non-marking indoor runners only (students who wear boots, bare feet, dirty shoes or sandals will not be permitted in the class)
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be cancelled due to lack of student enrollment.
- Each child needs to bring a labeled water bottle, water fountains are NOT available at the facility.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my children or myself due to Covid-19 or any other virus associated with this event.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pentathalon (Ages 8-11)
Pentathalon (Ages 12-18)
Now open to ages 8+
Floor Hockey/Soccer (Ages 5-8)