Mon, Jan 10|
Harvest Hills Alliance Church
Calgary North Support Group - January 2022
Time & Location
Jan 10, 2022, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. MST
Harvest Hills Alliance Church, 10099 Harvest Hills Blvd N, Calgary, AB T3K 4W9, Canada
About the Event
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO STILL ATTEND. YOU WILL NEED TO PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY TO ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO SIGN IN AND CREATE NAME TAGS.
January – Facilitator Panel
Is there something that you have wanted to ask Roots facilitators but never had the courage to ask them yourself? Maybe you are curious to know what is the coolest science curriculum the facilitator has seen being used, or what do they see as the most used math curriculum? What are those “hidden gems” that not many families know about? Now is your opportunity to submit your anonymous questions and have a panel of facilitators answer them.
Tickets are available to join the Monday meeting online using the BlueJean platform. The link for the meeting will be given to you in your ticket confirmation. This meeting will be recorded and later uploaded to the Roots Members section of the website for viewing at any other time.
Common Questions about Support Group Meetings
What happens at support group meetings?
This is a time for Roots parents and children to come together to enjoy one another’s company while supporting each other on our homeschooling journey. Our meetings follow a basic format of announcements, devotional, main topic/ discussion and ends with small group prayer time. Coffee, tea, and snacks are provided for the parents only.
Can I bring my children?
Absolutely, bring your children!
Crawlers – Age 3 will go in the “nursery”
Aged 4-6 children have their own class with age-appropriate activities. Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
Ages 7 and up to the gym where they may spend some time all together and part of the time divided into two groups.
Please encourage your children to participate in the planned activities. Parents keep their tiny ones with them since we’re not set up to provide that level of care.
Things to Note:
- Registration for each meeting is not required but it is recommended, so we can have your name tags printed and signing in children can be expedited upon arrival.
- Make sure kids come dressed in proper clean indoor footwear for running (no flip flops or winter boots)
- Please put all coats backpacks and extra shoes against the walls in designated classrooms to keep the hallways clear in case of an emergency.
- Bring labelled water bottles for children (due to allergies, please save snacks for the drive home).
- Please remind children to be respectful of the leaders and listen to the instructions being given. It is a more enjoyable experience when everyone listens!
- Please take everyone to the washroom before signing them in to their appropriate classes.
Current regulations can be found at: https://open.alberta.ca/publications/cmoh-order-44-2021
- Students are not required to wear a mask during the activity.
- Please do not attend if students or parents show signs of illness. See: Alberta Health Checklist
- Alberta Health has recognized the benefit of our support groups and is strongly encouraging us to continue to meet. (See: Letter from AB Associate Minister of Health)
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my children or myself due to Covid-19 associated with this event.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan. 10, 2022 - Mom
Please keep your tiny ones with you since we’re not set up to provide that level of care.
Jan. 10, 2022 (Ages 7+)
Jan. 10, 2022 (Ages 4-6)
Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
Jan. 10, 2022 - Toddler
(Crawlers - Age 3)
Jan. 10, 2022 - Online
Online viewing for Jan. 10, 2022 at 1:30pm