Tue, Feb 07|
First Assembly Church
Calgary South Support Group - February 7, 2023
Peace & Habits: Matthew 5:9
Time & Location
Feb 07, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. MST
First Assembly Church, 6031 Elbow Dr SW, Calgary, AB T2V 1J4, Canada
About the Event
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."
Peace in Hebrew is Shalom, which means a state of wholeness or completeness, without any deficiency or lack. How do we have peace in our homes? How do we teach peace to our children?
Common Questions about Support Group Meetings
What happens at support group meetings?
This is a time for Roots parents and children to come together to enjoy one another’s company while supporting each other on our homeschooling journey. Our meetings follow a basic format of announcements, devotional, main topic/ discussion and ends with small group prayer time. Coffee, tea, and snacks are provided for the parents only.
Can I bring my children?
Absolutely, bring your children!
Crawlers – Age 3 will go in the “nursery”
Aged 4-6 children have their own class with age-appropriate activities. Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
Ages 7 and up to the gym where they may spend some time all together and part of the time divided into two groups.
Please encourage your children to participate in the planned activities. Parents keep their tiny ones with them since we’re not set up to provide that level of care.
Things to Note:
- Registration for each meeting is not required but it is recommended, so we can have your name tags printed and signing in children can be expedited upon arrival.
- Make sure kids come dressed in proper clean indoor footwear for running (no flip flops or winter boots)
- Please put all coats backpacks and extra shoes against the walls in designated classrooms to keep the hallways clear in case of an emergency.
- Bring labelled water bottles for children (due to allergies, please save snacks for the drive home).
- Please remind children to be respectful of the leaders and listen to the instructions being given. It is a more enjoyable experience when everyone listens!
- Please take everyone to the washroom before signing them in to their appropriate classes.
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, email@example.com
February 7, 2023 - Mom
Please keep your tiny ones with you since we’re not set up to provide that level of care.
February 7, 2023 (Ages 7+)
February 7, 2023 (Ages 4-6)
Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
February 7, 2023 - Toddler
(Crawlers - Age 3)