Thu, Feb 23|
Canyon Ski Resort & Recreation Area
Canyon Ski Day Thursday, February 23
Family ski day
Time & Location
Feb 23, 10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.
Canyon Ski Resort & Recreation Area, 38433 Range Rd 264A, Red Deer County, AB
About the Event
As Alberta’s largest non-mountain alpine resort, Canyon is the best place to learn to ski and snowboard! Come join other families as Canyon Ski Lessons incorporate and emphasize snow safety and the importance of outdoor recreational activities as part of a healthy balanced lifestyle.
This is a great small ski resort to learn how to ski and enjoy the day outside enjoying God’s beautiful creation.
Lessons included in the ticket price are available for children ages 6 – 18. If a child 5 and under OR an adult would like to take private lessons, they are available to book (a week in advance) by calling Canyon Ski Resort. If you decide to book a lesson the day of, it would depend on the availability of instructors.
All attendees who are not participating MUST register for a Foot Pass – these are Free.
NOTE: If you do not have young children who require your assistance and you would be willing to assist in a supervisor role for family check-in/rental shop/lessons area to get kids to the right group, please let Valerie know. Please indicate as a supervisor whether you are wanting to ski/board yourself.
The ski day is weather dependent and may be cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather or temperatures below -25 degrees Celsius.
By purchasing a ticket, each participate agrees to the Alpine Responsibility Code:
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop, or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision/accident you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
- Always use proper devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and obey area closures.
- You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through the use of alcohol or drugs.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability, and knowledge to safely load, ride, and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the lift attendant.
Dress appropriately for the weather conditions. You will be more comfortable if you dress in layers of non-restrictive clothing that can be altered as the temperature changes.
Suggested by Canyon Ski:
- Warm, water-resistant jacket and snow pants
- Warm, water-resistant gloves/mitts
- Neck warmer or turtleneck sweater
- Long underwear
- Goggles or sunglasses
- Warm wool socks (1 pair only)
- Toque or Hat
- Helmets (which are included with the rental package)
Can we bring luch with us? Yes you can either bring your lunch or purchase lunch at the on site cafeteria.
Can younger children with us? If the parent is not participating and will supervise them, that’s ok. Anyone not participating needs a free Foot Pass ticket.
When should we arrive? Arrive at 10am.
What time are our lessons? Once everyone has arrived and has all their gear the group will gather in the Lessons Meeting Area where the lessons levels and time will be communicated.
When is the registration deadline? February 14th at midnight.
What is the cancellation policy? Refunds cannot be given past the registraiton deadline date of December 28th.
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the ski day for the duration of the day.
Organizer: Valerie Unger 403-999-4463 email@example.com
Ages 6-12 Rental Included
Lift Pass, Equipment Rental, Complimentary Lesson
Ages 6-12 No Rental
Lift Pass, & Complimentary Hour Lesson
Ages 13-17 Rental Included
Lift Pass, Equipment Rental & Complimentary Hour Lesson
Ages 13-17 No Rental
Lift Pass & Complimentary Hour Lesson
Helmet Rental Only
All Children Aged 6-17 MUST wear a helmet for lessons
Lesson Only Ages 6-17
This is for season pass holders only
Adults or children not participating but spectating MUST reserve a foot pass for entry to the facility.
Adult Pass & Rental
Lift Pass & Equipment Rental
Adult Lift Pass
Lift Pass Only