Fri, Dec 01|
Visual Art Studios at St. Albert Place
Student will go home with a pencil holder they create out of clay.
Time & Location
Dec 01, 2023, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Visual Art Studios at St. Albert Place, 19 Perron St, St. Albert, AB T8N 1E5, Canada
About the Event
Animal Pencil Holder: A whimsical animal of the student's choice decorates this hand built pinch pot, with a face on one side and a tail on the other (if desired)! Instructors will guide students through the dominant traits that make each animal look distinct and guide students in creating the forms that will best reflect that animal.
- Learn interesting facts about their chosen animal
- Experiment with drawing, impressing, rolling, and coiling clay in order to create a realistic rendering of their chosen animal
- Learn what clay is and where it comes from; why it is bisque fired in a kiln; how to use clay and clay tools safely in a professional studio
- Create art for enjoyment
**Children under 7 are required to have a parent attend and assist in the class**
How the class is divided will depend on how many children register. If we get enough, we will split into two groups which will depend on age.
- Two weeks prior to the registration deadline non-Roots families can register if tickets are still available. *Nov 10*
- Recommended Ages: Kindergarten +
- Registration deadline date: Nov 24
- Are younger (non-participating) siblings welcome? No, parents can explore the building though.
- Arrival Time: 1:15 pm
- Refund Policy: no refunds past registration deadline of Nov 24
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- Parents are responsible to stay on site at the venue during class time in case of an emergency. Should you not be able to stay, a letter with the parent signature, stating who is responsible for your child in your absence (an adult staying on site), must be given to the event organizer.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be canceled due to lack of student enrollment.
- Each child needs to bring a labeled water bottle, water fountains are not always available.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
ORGANIZER CONTACT INFORMATION
Diana Vanderwekken — firstname.lastname@example.org
A parent must stay with the child if they are under 7 years of age.$16.00Sold Out
After we divide classes, there may be room for more. If there is room, we will contact you when ticket sales close for payment if you are still interested.$0.00Sale ended