Thu, Nov 03|
Fitset Ninja Calgary
Fitset Ninja's world class coaches are prepped and ready to help your ninja develop balance, coordination, strength, and confidence within a team environment this school year. This 20,000 sq foot facility is brand new to Calgary!
Time & Location
Nov 03, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Calgary, 3691 19 St NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6S8, Canada
About the Event
Calling all Ninjas! Come explore our brand new facility and learn how to overcome obstacles through exploration and play. Our programming is appropriate for kids and teens K-12 of all abilities. From beginners to seasoned Ninja athletes we will teach, challenge and grow together over 5 weeks of classes designed for Roots families to unleash your inner Ninja. We will focus on the following areas:
- Body awareness and coordination. Students engage with obstacles and explore how balance, spacing and speed affect their ability to move through space and successfully navigate obstacles.
- Evaluating appropriate risk and facing fears. Most obstacles in the gym are new and unique. As students learn how to acknowledge risk and embrace it safely they learn to stretch their limits in a healthy and safe environment. Watching a student work to overcome an obstacle they were unsure about is incredibly rewarding.
- Teamwork and community support. Ninja has both competitive and non-competitive elements. Students are encouraged to compete against themselves as a primary driver while cheering on classmates. We also tailor our activities to include team building and team problem solving.
- Fun! Physical activity is always better when it's fun. We strive to provide an experience that leaves students wanting more. Our energetic staff strive to create positive engagement ensuring everyone has a memorable experience.
Ages: Suitable for ages 5 and up
Thursdays from 1-2:30pm (1.5 hrs)
November 3, 10, 17, 24 & December 1
Registration Deadline: October 28, 2022 midnight
Roots Student: $122
Roots Families: To use your family funding for your registered Roots students, please use the code GYMSESSION2 (Roots registered students ages 6+ only) at checkout.
FitSet Ninja Waiver: This waiver (https://fitsetninja.com/waiver) is to be completed prior to the first day of classes, students cannot participate until this waiver has been signed by a parent.
Dress: Have your child dress appropriately for a PE class. Students need to wear shorts or jogging pants, T-shirts, clean indoor shoes are required.
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be cancelled due to lack of student enrollment.
- Each child needs to bring a labeled water bottle, water fountains are NOT available at facilities.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
Health Concerns: The attached registration asks for student’s personal health information, so staff can adequately prepare any necessary modifications to their program. Note that this information will be passed on to class instructors to be used only for the purpose of instructing physical education classes safely. The onus is on parents to provide adequate information about the special medical needs of their children.
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my children or myself due to Covid-19 or any other virus associated with this event.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, firstname.lastname@example.org