Tue, Nov 07|
Heritage Pointe Fire Station
Foothills Fire Station Visit #2 - Nov. 7
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2023, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Heritage Pointe Fire Station, 226115 2 St E, Heritage Pointe, Foothills County, AB
About the Event
Please note: Every person attending needs to have a ticket.
- The 60 minute session will focus on the following topics:
- What does the Fire Service do and what are responsibilities of being a Firefighter
- Discuss when to dial 911
- Smoke detectors/ Alarms
- The dangers of playing with fire/ lighters/ matches/ fireworks
- What to do in an emergency/ if you smell smoke/ two means of egress
- Show and tell on our PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Live drills of putting on our PPE and how our SCBA (self contain breathing apparatus) works
- Tour of the Station and the Fire Apparatus (Engine/ Tender/ Bush Truck/ Jet Boat)
The Firefighters like to keep the tour light hearted, and fun. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for children to meet a Firefighter for the first time on a car accident or a fire on family’s worst day of their lives, which can be traumatic for the family. Firefighters want kids to meet Firefighters in a non-emergency event, and realize they are human and not to be scared. The focus is on making the experience fun, engaging and overall a good learning experience. However, the figherfighters do ask that the kids stay together as a group and respect that they are in an active Fire Station.
- Registration Deadline is November 1, 2023
- Recommended Ages: The content is aimed at 5-12 years old, but any age is welcome to attend.
- An adult is required to register with their children.
- Only Roots families.
- Please arrive by 1:15pm
- Cancellation Policy: Please let me know as soon a possible if you are unable to make it so others can take your place.
- Parking: There is a big parking lot located to the North of the Fire Station
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
Naomi Kaya, 403-890-6663, email@example.com
Foothills Fire Station Nov. 7
General Admission$0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out