Tue, Oct 25|
Heritage Pointe Fire Station
Heritage Pointe Fire Station Visit #2
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2022, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Heritage Pointe Fire Station, 226115 2 St E, Heritage Pointe, Foothills County, Canada
About the Event
The tour will be light hearted, and fun. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for children to meet a Firefighter for the first time on a car accident or a fire on family’s worst day of their lives, which can be traumatic for the family. The goal of this event is for the kids to meet Firefighters in a non-emergency event, and realise they are human and not to be scared. The fire fighters will focus on making the experience fun, engaging and overall a good learning experience. However, the kids are to stay together as a group and respect that they are in an active Fire Station. The 60 minutes seesion will cover the following things:
- What does the Fire Service do and what are responsibilities of being a Firefighter
- Discuss when to dial 911
- Smoke detectors/ Alarms
- The dangers of playing with fire/ lighters/ matches/ fireworks
- What to do in an emergency/ if you smell smoke/ two means of egress
- Show and tell on our PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Live drills of putting on our PPE and how our SCBA (self contain breathing apparatus) works
- Tour of the Station and the Fire Apparatus (Engine/ Tender/ Bush Truck/ Jet Boat)
- Meet ‘Sparky the Dog’
- Parking: There is a big parking lot located to the North of the Fire Station.
- Registration Deadline is October 21, 2022
- Recommended Ages: 5-12 years
- Younger, non-participating siblings are welcome.
- Only Roots families.
- Please arrive by 1:20pm
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my children or myself due to Covid-19 or any other virus associated with this event.
Naomi Kaya, 403-890-6663, firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Point Fire Station #2
General Admission$0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out