Mon, Jan 29|
Jack Singer Concert Hall
National Geographic Live - Sandesh Kadur: WildCats Revealed
Journey with photographer and filmmaker Sandesh Kadur through the diverse landscapes of India to discover its lesser-known felines—from the tiny, grumpy-faced Pallas’s cat to the elusive clouded leopard.
Time & Location
Jan 29, 2024, 10:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. MST
Jack Singer Concert Hall, 225 8 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0K9, Canada
About the Event
Sandesh Kadur first encountered a wild cat in his native India as a teenager—after sitting in a tree for hours under a full moon, a leopard walked directly under him. The experience sparked a fascination that led him to spend his career documenting the country’s unmatched diversity of wild cats.
With landscapes spanning the towering Himalaya, arid plains, and dense jungles, India is home to a wider array of wild cats than anywhere else in the world. While many of the big cats are well known and thoroughly documented, photographer and filmmaker Sandesh Kadur is on a mission to highlight the country’s lesser-known felines to protect their future. Discover the tiny, grumpy-faced Pallas’s cat, the fishing cat that jumps into water to catch its prey, and the ancient, elusive clouded leopard. Join Arts Commons Presents’ National Geographic Live series to get an up-close look at a world of wild cats you’ve never seen before, all through Kadur’s captivating images and video.
- Please Arrive by 9:45am. We must go in as one group. Please look for me (Tammy) holding the Roots sign in the foyer in front of the elevators that are beside the Jack Singer foyer.
- We will be seated as a group at 10am, late comers may not be seated this is at the discretion of the facility.
- Duration: Approximately 45 minutes in duration with a question period afterwards that is about 10 minutes long
- Parents are required to purchase a ticket and attend with their child
- Registration deadline: January 26th at midnight
- No Food or drink is permitted inside the theater
- No Refunds, but you are welcome to find a replacement family, contact Tammy regarding switches made.
- Suggested Grades: 3-12 (Grades 1 – 2 are welcome, but the venue suggests grades 3 – 12)
- No younger siblings, please
- Roots families feel free to invite your friends to join us!!
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
Tammy Eacott, TammyE@rootshomeed.com, 403-616-1381
- Ticket type
NGL Wild CatsPrice$19.00