Tue, Feb 14|
Peter and the Starcatcher @ Storybook Theatre (Calgary)
Time & Location
Feb 14, 10:00 a.m.
Storybook Theatre, 375 Bermuda Dr NW, Calgary, AB T3K 2J5, Canada
About the Event
Tony-winning Peter and the Starcatcher upends the century-old story of how a miserable orphan comes to be The Boy Who Would Not Grow Up (a.k.a. Peter Pan). A wildly theatrical adaptation of Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson’s best-selling novels, the play was conceived for the stage by directors, Roger Rees and Alex Timbers, and written by Rick Elice, with music by Wayne Barker. From marauding pirates and jungle tyrants to unwilling comrades and unlikely heroes, Peter and the Starcatcher playfully explores the depths of greed and despair... and the bonds of friendship, duty and love.
A young orphan and his mates are shipped off from Victorian England to a distant island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. They know nothing of the mysterious trunk in the captain’s cabin, which contains a precious, otherworldly cargo. At sea, the boys are discovered by a precocious young girl named Molly, a Starcatcher-in-training who realizes that the trunk’s precious cargo is starstuff, a celestial substance so powerful that it must never fall into the wrong hands. When the ship is taken over by pirates – led by the fearsome Black Stache, a villain determined to claim the trunk and its treasure for his own – the journey quickly becomes a thrilling adventure.
- Running Time: 120 minutes with intermission
- Registration deadline: February 12, 2023
- Recommended Age: 6+ (rated G)
- Open to all homeschooling families.
- No cancellations/refunds
- No babies in arms.
- Tickets: You do not have to print/bring your ticket. We will have a master list with all the registration info. Individual theatre tickets will not be issued, we will be directed to our reserved seats by theatre staff.
- Please arrive at 9:30am sharp! We will be meeting in the theatre lobby, please look for the Roots homeschool sign and check in to get your tickets by 9:30am. The show begins at 10am. No late comers will be permitted to enter the theatre and no refunds will be given. The whole group needs to arrive so that we can be seated at 9:45am.
- Food, beverages, gum, cell phones, cameras, and any recording devices are not allowed in the theatre. Please ensure that your students are aware of this.
*** THERE IS NO ADMITTANCE ONCE THE PLAY HAS BEGUN, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ***
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, TammyE@rootshomeed.com
Peter and the Starcatcher