Time & Location
Jan 16, 2024, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Rabbit Hill Snow Resort, 20715 57 Ave SW, Edmonton, AB T6Y 0J5, Canada
About the Event
Ski or snowboard at Rabbit Hill with a lesson for students included. Lessons will be around 11 am once everyone is geared up. Lift ticket price includes lift ticket and lesson for the student.
Please notify trip organizer if you have any special needs students that will be coming. Rabbit Hill CADS-certified instructors are trained to deliver lessons to children with Cognitive Impairments (CI) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Registration deadline: Jan 8, 2024
- Cancellation Policy: Generally no refunds past the registration deadline of Jan 8. If you cannot make it due to illness, you can contact the organizer and she will attempt to get you a refund, but there are no guarantees. If the trip is cancelled by Rabbit Hill or the organizer due to inclement weather, a refund will be issued.
- Open to Roots families only. Tickets are available to non-Roots students on Jan 4, 2024.
- Recommended Ages: K - 12 (Younger siblings and parents are welcome, parents can purchase a ticket below). Non-participating younger siblings and parents can hang around in the lodge.
- Food: Bring lunch/snacks if planning to stay the full day
- Helmets are mandatory in the Terrain Park.
- Arrival Time: 9:30 am, Pick up lift tickets from the organizer who will be in the main area of the lodge. If running late, please text organizer; although, cell phone reception may be spotty.
- Rentals: Once all students have their lift tickets, they can then go to the Rental Shop, for those needing gear. You will need to know height and weight for those renting. Rentals include skis, snowboards, boots, and helmets.
- Students with a Season Pass to Rabbit Hill will not be charged the Lift Ticket Rate
- Grade 4/5 Snow Pass does not work for school visits
- A parent needs to stay on site all day and needs to help their students in Lodge with putting bags on shelf and in the rental shop with getting rentals.
- Lessons for all homeschools will be around 11 am, as we like to have the entire group together for their lesson.
- All lessons are for school aged children only (5 – 17 yrs)
Dress appropriately for the weather conditions. You will be more comfortable if you dress in layers of non-restrictive clothing that can be altered as the temperature changes.
New RFID System
- New this winter, Rabbit Hill has implemented an RFID-gated access system for our chairlift and T-Bar. Students who are assessed as being safely capable of riding our lifts will be given an RFID card by an instructor at the time of assessment and their paper ticket will be marked accordingly.
- The RFID card, which will be placed in the student’s left pocket, will activate the gates at the lift(s), allowing the student to access the lift.
- If the parents have signed the form allowing their kids to ride the chair or the T-Bar or have no lesson they may receive the RFID card from the group coordinator. This form must be given back to customer service.
- This RFID card may be reloaded for future visits so please keep it if you are coming back to the hill for either a school visit or outside of school. If you have the RFID card from the previous visit all you will need to do is visit customer service and they can reload it.
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- Parents are responsible to stay on site at the venue during class time in case of an emergency. Should you not be able to stay, a letter with the parent signature, stating who is responsible for your child in your absence (an adult staying on site), must be given to the event organizer.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be canceled due to lack of student enrollment.
- Each child should bring a labeled water bottle, water fountains are not always available.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
By registering for the Roots Gym program or other activity that requires physical exertion, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
Adrianna DeBoer; (587)703-4457; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket type
Ski LessonPrice$0.00Sale ended