Wed, Oct 04|
Wetland Ecosystem (Edmonton)
Wetland Ecosystems **change of venue** The best way to learn about wetlands is to visit one! Let us guide you through the wetlands and experience these unique ecosystems firsthand. The program includes station activities and everyone will have a chance to pond dip for aquatic invertebrates.
Time & Location
Oct 04, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Edmonton, 66 Street Northwest &, 23 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6K, Canada
About the Event
The best way to learn about wetlands is to visit one! Let us guide you through the wetlands and experience these unique ecosystems firsthand. The program includes station activities and everyone will have a chance to pond dip for aquatic invertebrates.
Themes: wetland types, aquatic invertebrates, wetland plants, stewardship, plant and animal identification, and adaptations
Each student participating will need a ticket.
We're 100% outdoors; students should bring a water bottle, and wear weather-appropriate clothing especially in the fall when it is chilly.
We run rain or shine unless the weather conditions are severe (heavy rain or wind; thunder or lightning). We'll confer with you as soon as possible if the weather is threatening.
- This event is only open to ROOTS families.
- Recommended Ages: Targeted to Grade 5. Grade 4-6 will benefit the most but use your discretion.
- Registration deadline date: Sept 27
- Are younger (non-participating) siblings welcome? YES, please respect the learning environment.
- Arrival Time: 1:15
- Washrooms are not available on-site.
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- Parents are responsible to stay on site at the venue during class time in case of an emergency. Should you not be able to stay, a letter with the parent signature, stating who is responsible for your child in your absence (an adult staying on site), must be given to the event organizer.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be canceled due to lack of student enrollment.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
ORGANIZER CONTACT INFORMATION
Diana Vanderwekken - OfficeAdmin@RootsHomeEd.com