Wed, Jan 26|
Weaselhead Natural Area
Winter Hike @ Weaselhead Natural Area
Time & Location
Jan 26, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. MST
Weaselhead Natural Area, 6634 37 Street SW, Calgary, AB T3E 5M9, Canada
About the Event
Our group will spend the afternoon learning from a naturalist of the Weaselhead Preservation Society as we take a fairly slow hike around the land there. The program will be tailored to the age range of students that sign up. Possible activities and teaching might include: observing and identifying animal tracks and movement, looking for other animal activity signs, teaching about animal survival skills in winter and migratory patterns, etc.
Registration Deadline is January 19, 2022
- Recommended ages: 6-12 years old, siblings welcome
- Attire: Dress warm enough to be outside in January for approximately 2.5 hours.
- There are no indoor facilities to hang out in.
- Snack Break: Please send along a good snack since a break will be taken outside part way through to eat.
- Arrival: Plan to arrive about 10-15 minutes ahead of the start time in order to make your way to the Park entrance, and use the washroom if needed.
- Washrooms: Only the South Glenmore Parking Lot West has year round washroom facilities. The Weaselhead Parking Lot will most likely only have Porta-potties.
- Cancellation: Hike may be cancelled if temperatures are too cold, definitely if it's below -20 C.
- Chaperones: We need 1 parent per 5 students to stay along, so we need 3 parents to be present. No charge for chaperones.
By registering for the Roots Gym program, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
Rachel Taitinger, 780-977-9330
Weaselhead Hike (Ages 6-12)