Calgary North Support Group - October 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
*** NOTE - LOCATION CHANGE ***
*** For October's meeting we will be at Bethel United Reformed Church 730 101 St SW, Calgary, AB ***
October - Personal Renewal & Refreshment
(Caring for oneself through the long haul)
What is it that sustains us? What is it that sustains you? How can we continually remind ourselves of the necessity to care for ourselves? To infuse ourselves with God’s strength and fortitude that helps us withstand the trials that we will be facing. We are often caring for others’ needs and wants, putting ourselves after others. How can we balance this perspective with the need for self-care? What does it look like?
Tickets are available to join the Monday meeting online using the BlueJean platform. The link for the meeting will be given to you in your ticket confirmation. This meeting will be recorded and later uploaded to the Roots Members section of the website for viewing at any other time.
Common Questions about Support Group Meetings
What happens at support group meetings?
This is a time for Roots parents and children to come together to enjoy one another’s company while supporting each other on our homeschooling journey. Our meetings follow a basic format of announcements, devotional, main topic/ discussion and ends with small group prayer time. Coffee, tea, and snacks are provided for the parents only.
Can I bring my children?
Absolutely, bring your children!
Crawlers – Age 3 will go in the “nursery”
Aged 4-6 children have their own class with age-appropriate activities. Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
Ages 7 and up to the gym where they may spend some time all together and part of the time divided into two groups.
Please encourage your children to participate in the planned activities. Parents keep their tiny ones with them since we’re not set up to provide that level of care.
Things to Note:
- Registration for each meeting is not required but it is recommended, so we can have your name tags printed and signing in children can be expedited upon arrival.
- Make sure kids come dressed in proper clean indoor footwear for running (no flip flops or winter boots)
- Please put all coats backpacks and extra shoes against the walls in designated classrooms to keep the hallways clear in case of an emergency.
- Bring labelled water bottles for children (due to allergies, please save snacks for the drive home).
- Please remind children to be respectful of the leaders and listen to the instructions being given. It is a more enjoyable experience when everyone listens!
- Please take everyone to the washroom before signing them in to their appropriate classes.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct. 18, 2021 - Mom$0$0Sold Out
- Oct. 18, 2021 (Ages 7+)$0$0Sold Out
- Oct. 18, 2021 (Ages 4-6)$0$0Sold Out
- Oct. 18, 2021 - Toddler$0$0Sold Out
- Online Viewing$0$00$0