Wed, Mar 20|
St. Albert Place - Multicraft Studio
We will be creating works of art on real eggs!
Time & Location
Mar 20, 2024, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
St. Albert Place - Multicraft Studio, 5 St Anne St, St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z9, Canada
About the Event
In ancient times, eggs symbolized new life and birth. In Ukraine, egg decorating became a treasured art that was passed down from generation to generation. Pysanky comes from the Ukrainian word “pysaty” meaning “to write”. The design is written with beeswax on a raw, white egg. Between each successively darker dye, more wax writing is added to cover up and preserve each colour in the final design. After the final background colour the egg is warmed up for easy wax removal and a completed design is revealed.
- This event is only open to ROOTS families. Two weeks prior to the registration deadline non-Roots families can register if tickets are still available.
- Recommended Ages: 6+
- Registration deadline date: March 7, 2024
- Are younger (non-participating) siblings welcome? No, although there is a library in the same building that parents and other children can wait at. If you need to be with your registered child to assist, please consider getting child care as there isn't a lot of space for non-participating children to play.
- Arrival Time: 1:15 pm
- Refund Policy: no refunds past registration deadline of March 7
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- Parents are responsible to stay on site at the venue during class time in case of an emergency. Should you not be able to stay, a letter with the parent signature, stating who is responsible for your child in your absence (an adult staying on site), must be given to the event organizer.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be canceled due to lack of student enrollment.
- Each child needs to bring a labeled water bottle, water fountains are not always available.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
On behalf of my child, I/we hereby waive and release the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship,The Father’s House Christian School and any Roots volunteer/facilitator/administrative staff of the Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship from any liability to my(our) children. I/We are fully aware of the risks and potential for harm involved in such events, and on behalf of our child, release from liability Roots Christian Home Education Fellowship (Roots), The Father’s House Christian School and waive any claims such minor may have as a result of an accident, mishap or negligence of the Released Party and/or and other party under or affiliated with the Released Party.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
ORGANIZER CONTACT INFORMATION
Diana Vanderwekken — email@example.com, 780-952-0508
- Ticket type
StudentSale ends: Mar 07, 11:50 p.m.
Mar 07, 11:50 p.m.Price$10.00