November Support Group and AGM
Time & Location
About the Event
**This is a private event and NOT open to the general public or drop-ins. Advance RSVP is required to attend. You must be a registered Roots family. **
November Support Group: Being Steadfast in a changing World
"All religions want their children to live a good life, be good people, and be well educated. What sets us apart?" - R. C. Sproul Jr. in When you Rise Up
Roots AGM 2021
This will begin after the above support group meeting has ended at 8pm. What is the purpose of the AGM? As many of you know, when you joined Roots, you did not just join another homeschool board, but you became a member of the Roots CHEF society. As a member you are given voting rights, a voice within Roots, regarding the decisions that are being made for this school year for Roots.
The AGM is coordinated every year in accordance to our society bylaws, which requires 10% of all eligible voting members to come together to discuss any pertinent information about Roots for the coming school year. You will be asked to vote on the proposed budget, any newly nominated board of directors (these will be announced in our AGM report) and will also be given the opportunity to ask questions. You can expect the AGM report to be sent to you via e-mail, please take the time to review this information. Families are given one vote per household. If you are able, please plan to attend this meeting either virtually or in person.
The Calgary and Edmonton meetings will happen at the same time. Please select your tickets accordingly.
- Calgary: Calvary Grace Church of Calgary (204 6a St NE, Calgary, AB)
- Edmonton: Potter’s House Edmonton (14914 -128 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB)
Online viewing will be made available. The link for the meeting will be emailed to you November 24th to the email address you registered with. This meeting will be recorded and later uploaded to the Roots Members section of the website for viewing at any other time.
- Crawlers – Age 3 will go in the nursery
- Ages 4-6 children have their own class with age-appropriate activities. Children must be potty-trained before they can go into this class.
- Ages 7 and up to the gym where they may spend some time all together and part of the time divided into two groups.
- Crawlers – Age 4 will go in the nursery
- Ages 5 and up to the gym where they may spend some time all together and part of the time divided into two groups
Common Questions about Support Group Meeting
What happens at support group meetings?
This is a time for Roots parents and children to come together to enjoy one another’s company while supporting each other on our homeschooling journey. Our meetings follow a basic format of announcements, devotional, main topic/ discussion and ends with small group prayer time. Coffee, tea, and snacks are provided for the parents only.
Can I bring my children?
Absolutely, bring your children! Please indicate their name and age when registering. And please encourage your children to participate in the planned activities. Parents keep their tiny ones with them since we’re not set up to provide that level of care.
Things to Note:
- Make sure kids come dressed in proper clean indoor footwear for running (no flip flops or winter boots)
- Please put all coats backpacks and extra shoes against the walls in designated classrooms to keep the hallways clear in case of an emergency.
- Bring labelled water bottles for children (due to allergies, please save snacks for the drive home).
- Please remind children to be respectful of the leaders and listen to the instructions being given. It is a more enjoyable experience when everyone listens!
- Please take everyone to the washroom before signing them in to their appropriate classes.
Current regulations can be found at: https://open.alberta.ca/publications/cmoh-order-44-2021
- Students are not required to wear a mask during the activity.
- Please do not attend if students or parents show signs of illness. See: Alberta Health Checklist
- Alberta Health has recognized the benefit of our support groups and is strongly encouraging us to continue to meet. (See: Letter from AB Associate Minister of Health)
By registering for this event, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my children or myself due to Covid-19 associated with this event.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, email@example.com
1 hour 45 minutes
Annual General Meeting
- Online Viewing$0$00$0
- Calgary (Ages 7+)$0$0Sold Out
- Calgary (Ages 4-6)$0$0Sold Out
- Calgary (Toddler)$0$0Sold Out
- Edmonton (Parent)$0$0Sold Out
- Edmonton (Ages 5+)$0$0Sold Out
- Edmonton (Toddler)$0$0Sold Out
- Calgary (Parent)$0$0Sold Out