Thu, Mar 02|
MNP Community & Sport Centre(old Repsol)
Calgary Gym Session #4: Water Polo & Water Games
5-week program on Thursday afternoons.
Time & Location
Mar 02, 2023, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
MNP Community & Sport Centre(old Repsol), 2225 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6, Canada
About the Event
Water polo is a competitive team sport played in water between two teams of seven players each. The game consists of four quarters in which the two teams attempt to score goals by throwing the ball into the opposing team's goal. The team with the most goals at the end of the game wins the match.
Students will learn multiple water games that can be played with a large or small group of people. The games include items such as rings or balls. Please note that all games will be played in a teaching pool that has shallow water, as well life jackets will be provided for swimmers who would like to use them.
- Dates: March 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 (Thursdays 1:30-2:30pm)
- Registration Deadline: February 16, 2023
- Recommended Ages for Water Polo: 12 - 18 yrs
- Recommended Ages for Water Games: 5-12 yrs
- This program will be offered only to Roots families until February 9, and opened to non-Roots families after that.
- Parents and younger children are not allowed in the class, but can view most classes from the spectator areas.
- ARRIVAL TIME: Arrive by 1:15 to use the bathrooms before class begins. Students will go down to change rooms as a group at 1:20 & classes start promptly at 1:30. A barcode has been emailed to you to gain access to the change rooms.
Roots Families: To use your family funding for your registered Roots students, please use the code GYMSESSION4 at checkout.
Have your child dress appropriately for the water. Students need to bring swim suits and towels. Bring money or a lock for change room lockers.
- We need your assistance in ensuring that your children are at class on time and picked up at the end of each session on time. This allows the classes to start in a timely manner.
- Parents are responsible for transporting and supervising their children at all times while the child is not in class.
- There are no refunds past the registration deadline unless a class must be cancelled due to lack of student enrollment.
- Each child needs to bring a labeled water bottle, water fountains are NOT available at the facility.
Students: Roots reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the acceptance of any student into the program. Students who do not demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and willingness to respect the rights and property of others will be dismissed after two warnings are issued. There will be no refund.
By registering for the Roots Gym program or other activity that requires physical exertion, I understand that TFH society and its branches Roots Home Education/The Father’s House Christian School, at all organizational levels, will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to an individual or any individual’s property. I agree the applicant/s are in good health and able to participate in the physical activity of this program. In the event the applicant is injured, I give permission for a staff member or parent volunteer to seek medical attention.
I acknowledge that I, the parent/guardian of the registered attendee/s agree to stay on site at the venue of the program, and if space allows in the classroom to oversee my child/ren for the duration of the program. Should I not be able to stay at the venue with my child/ren, a handwritten note with my signature will be sent with my child and given to the program organizer, stating the adult who is staying on site and has agreed to be responsible for my child/ren for the duration of the program.
Tammy Eacott, 403-616-1381, firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Polo (Ages 12-18)$55.00Sale ended
Water Games (Ages 5-12)$55.00Sale ended